[Sticky] Zoom "Virtual Visits" During Covid
Virtual Visit program offers 10 minute visits effective from Monday, April 6, has been implemented at the
- Golden Grove Prison,
- Remand Prison,
- Women’s Prison
- Maximum Security Prison
How to get a Virtual Visit
- Prisoner must initiate request through Welfare
- Welfare will coordinate with family member to schedule visit
How long and how often are the visits?
- Visits will be accommodated once every two weeks
- Duration of up to ten (10) minutes.
How do I access a visit? What are the requirements?
- You must have a valid email address
- You can use your mobile phone or any device with a camera, speaker and microphone
- You will be advised of date and time of visit by Welfare Officer
- You will receive an invitational link via email sent from the Prison establishment which contacted you, indicating guidelines to be adopted during the visit and for video conferencing
What will I do on the day and time of my visit?
- Click the zoom link sent to you in the email from the prison at least 10 minutes before your call to allow for any tech issues
- If you don't have the app on your phone, it will prompt you to download
- Normal visitation rules apply as listed in guidelines to be adopted during a visit (see visitation page for rules)
- If you contravene any of the established rules or guidelines your Virtual Visit will be immediately terminated.